All volunteers and staff must complete volunteer screening as follows:
1. Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
(A) Please contact the AABC office and request a volunteer letter to take to your local police. AABC has a Volunteer Alberta number that can be used in most situations which will waive the fee for a Police Check with VSS to be completed. Clear Police Checks will be kept on file and are good for two years from the date on the document.
(B) Please click on the City or Town below to be directed to the local police service for info on how to complete a Police Check with VSS
2. Child Abuse Prevention Training
One of these programs must be completed and transcript/certificate sent to AABC
SafeSport - Coaching Association of Canada
* This course is connected to the NCCP locker, a PDF of your transcript must be submitted
SafeSport - USA Baseball
Register for an account (free) and take Abuse Awareness for Adults course
* This course provides a PDF certificate of completion
3. Review and acknowledgement of Child Abuse Prevention Policy
Please review the policy and sign and submit the acknowledgement page
Child Abuse Prevention Policy - Acknowledgement Page
4. Review and acceptance of Coaches Code of Conduct
Please submit all four required documents to email@example.com to complete screening requirements.