- To direct, supervise, and evaluate regularly, the performance of all assistant coaches and players.
- To work cooperatively with the Director of Operations.
- To work cooperatively with other coaches inside FMMBA, in order to operate a well-balanced baseball program.
- To foster among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, a desire to win, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, program, and community.
- To direct the training, conditioning, and performance of the baseball team, and to lead, supervise, and assist the assistant coaches in their efforts with items assigned to them.
- To act as a positive influence upon the behavior of members of his/her coaching staff and players.
- Performs semi-skilled grounds maintenance functions (e.g., mow grass, drag diamonds, repair pitching mounds to game standard, paint graffiti.
- Assists with special projects, (e.g., player evaluations and divisional practices).
- (Performs Related Duties As Required)
- Coaching or playing experience at the college or pro-level.
- Cleared to work within Canada
- Required NCCP Certification as per Baseball Alberta or a willingness to complete in a timely manner.
- Willing to complete a an RCMP background Check
- Able to begin coaching beginning on April until early August
Salary and Compensation Coach travel expenses while traveling with team are covered. Non-local Coaches accommodations during the season will be covered by Fort McMurray Minor Baseball in the form of a bedroom with a billet family.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, from start date to the end of the team’s competitive season (generally early August). Start date can be adjusted if we feel you are the right fit for the position and program.
Who to Contact
Interested candidates should send resumes;
Resumes are now being accepted for the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games Head Coach position. Please see the following list of requirements:
Please note, this is a voluntary position with previously agreed upon paid expenses and per diems.
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role: Head Coach of either the Red Deer Midget AAA CarStar Braves (16-19-year-old) or the Red Deer Bantam AAA Servus Credit Union Braves (14 and 15-year-old).
Position Responsibilities: To coach, develop and mentor our athletes in accordance to the policies and codes of conduct of Red Deer Minor Baseball Association. Adhere to the schedules and attend tournaments set forth by RDMBA and Baseball Alberta.
Applicants must have a strong knowledge of the game of baseball.
Applicants must be a Provincially Certified NCCP Coach as a minimum.
Applicants that have played or coached at a college or university level would have a strong advantage.
Start Date: Early January 2019
Salary: Dependant upon qualifications
Submission Deadline: December 1st, 2018
Please forward your resume to email@example.com and specify which of the teams you are applying for. Please also go to the RDMBA website www.reddeerminorbaseball.com and complete the 2019 Coach Application. It can be found at the top of the page under Coach’s Corner.
Thank you to all that apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.