2017 Casino Fundraiser
Our next Casino Date will be October 12 & 13, 2017 at the Elbow River Casino in Calgary.
Money raised through the Casino is a major source of revenue for the AABC. The money is used for programs such as Talent ID, program funding for your baseball Association (Baseball Alberta, Babe Ruth, Little League, American Legion, U of C Dinos, PBA), as well as funding for the development of athletes, coaches and umpires that participate in the Alberta Summer Games, Alberta Zone Championship, Top 40, Western Canada Summer Games, and Canada Summer Games. If these programs have been of value to you and your family, we ask that you consider donating your time to assist us in raising money to continue building and enhancing our programs, athletes, coaches, and the sport of Baseball in Alberta.
We are required to fill the following positions:
- Banker - Fills chip orders as required from the Gaming Floor. Assists General Manager supervising the Cash Cage. Witnesses “Cash Outs’ from players through Cashier.
- Cashier - Redeems player’s chips for cash. Cash handling experience advised.
- Chip Runner - A courier (runner) for chip orders. Participates in the opening and closing of games.
- Count Room Supervisor - inputs the count from each drop box. Shift runs from 11pm - 3:30am.
- Count Room Staff - Open and sorts cash from Drop Boxes. One person is required to input count from each drop box in computer. Runs cash through money machines, amalgamates each drop box. Shift runs from 11pm - 3:30am.
There are 3 choices of shift times:
- Day Shift - 11am - 7:30pm (choice of position: banker, cashier, chip runner)
- Night Shift - 6:30pm - 3:30am (choice of position: banker, cashier, chip runner)
- Count Room Shift - 11pm - 3:30am (choice of position: count room supervisor, count room staff)
- Date: Thursday, October 12 or Friday, October 13 (please indicate which date you are available for)
- Position Preference: Banker, Cashier, Chip Runner, Count Room Supervisor, Count Room Staff (Please indicate first and second choice)
- Shift Preference: Day shift (11am - 7:30pm), Night Shift (6:30pm - 3:30am) or Count Room Shift (11pm - 3:30am)
- Signed Volunteer Worker Worker Form
If you would like to volunteer, but do not live in the Calgary area, we are able to assist with travel expenses.
Thank you in advance!
Does your organization have a volunteer opportunity they would like us to post to our website? Email us at email@example.com.